I can't create specific partition layout during F18 installation

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jan 8 21:31:18 UTC 2013

On Jan 8, 2013, at 1:42 PM, Ian Pilcher <arequipeno at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 01/08/2013 01:16 PM, Mateusz Marzantowicz wrote:
>> Thanks. One more question: is anaconda only unable to create lvm on md
>> or or also fails to recognize existing partitioning? My point is, is it
>> possible to do such partitioning before running new anaconda and than
>> just tell what goes where or it's definitely impossible to go that way
>> for now?
>
> Yes, anaconda is able to use and existing LVM-on-MD setup.  It can
> definitely use existing LVs, and I'm reasonably sure it can create new
> LVs in existing VGs.

It can use existing or create new LVs in VGs directly on physical disks. But not when a VG (with or without LVs) is on md RAID. I just tried, and anaconda sees the mdmember partitions, doesn't assemble the RAID and therefore doesn't see the VG's on the RAID either. All I can do is start over with anaconda.

Chris Murphy