update some testcases

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jan 8 22:18:13 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-01-08 at 15:49 -0500, John.Florian at dart.biz wrote:
> > From: Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com>
> > Sure, but then you've just switched modes. The decisions you made on
> the
> > Guided path are wiped out. This could be made clearer in the UI,
> though
> > - I've seen several users report that they expected to be able to,
> say,
> > delete partitions in Guided mode, then create them in Custom mode.
>
> I did that just today with my desktop machine.  I wanted to leverage
> the Guided feature for most of the setup, but needed to rm the home
> partition since I have that via NFS.
>
> To me the existing naming seemed fairly clear.  In a Guided mode, I
> expect to have the way led for me, but I should be allowed to
> deviate.  With a Manual mode I expect to lead the way, but also be
> offered tools to make that easier.  I guess I didn't think of it so
> much as modes though, as much of a initial question of how much
> assistance was I going to require.

Thinking of it as 'modes' is more kind of a tool for debugging / QA, so
far as the 'UI experience' goes, it is actually meant to 'look' more the
way you thought of it ('how much assistance am I going to require'). But
for QA / dev purposes, it's most helpful to keep a sort of mental map of
all the possible workflows / modes in anaconda, and understand that the
whole partitioning step is kind of a mini-wizard mode with two major
branches ('guided' and 'custom').