f18 i386 installer memory requirements

antonio antonio.montagnani at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 06:49:19 UTC 2013

Adam Williamson ha scritto / said the following    il giorno/on
09/01/2013 03:08:
> On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 01:47 +0100, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
>> i'm trying install f18 on older i686 machine (1.8GHz P4 CPU/512 MB
>> RAM/160 GB HDD/Radeon 9000 64MB graphics), doing NFS graphical
>> installation with XFCE desktop (and several add-ons groups).
>> Installation started from installation CD (images/boot.iso image),
>> anaconda 18.37.8. Install CD Media check is fine.
>> Machine always stop respond in "Checking software dependencies..."
>> phase; CD-ROM permanently rotate and it's all.
>>
>> I suspect this may be caused by insufficient RAM (althought I was
>> hoping that 512 MB will be sufficient - F17 requires 768MB and it's
>> installer seems be much cleverer and more functional than this in
>> F18).
>> Release notes and Installation guides F18 drafts seems not contain
>> info about HW requirements, can someone say it?
>
> That probably is it, yes. I had checking the RAM requirements on my todo
> list for weeks, but never got time for it. I think, the last time anyone
> checked, it needed at least 768 in most cases.

unless you say not to check memory on the command line of the
installation tools :-)

--
Antonio M
Skype: amontag52

Linux Fedora F17 (Beefy Miracle) on Acer 5720

http://lugsaronno.altervista.org
http://www.campingmonterosa.com