[Rawhide] Re: Just reporting....

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 15:58:40 UTC 2013

On 01/09/13 09:46, Frank Murphy wrote:
> On Wed, 09 Jan 2013 09:32:50 -0600
> Kevin Martin <ktmdms at gmail.com> wrote:
>

> Just a thought do you have the menu with advanced sub-menu
> Maybe you can only edit those in the sub-menu?
> If that's what you have.

So setting GRUB_TERMINAL="console" and rebuilding my grub2.cfg does the trick.  I now get the old style grub menu and can edit the
entries, either directly or via the "Advanced" sub menu.  Seems like another example of people "fixing" a non-existent problem.  The
grub menu doesn't need to be fancy, just operational.  Adding complexity to it in the name of trying to make it look good is begging
for problems.

Thanks Tom and Frank for your help.

Kevin