Last Minute Testing for Fedora 18 RC4

Christoph Wickert christoph.wickert at gmail.com
Wed Jan 9 23:38:43 UTC 2013

Am Mittwoch, den 09.01.2013, 15:07 -0700 schrieb Tim Flink:

> The testing that we're most interested in is the various desktop
> environments with an emphasis on the display managers (gdm, kdm,
> lightdm etc.) because any show-stopping problems are most likely to
> exist there. The second most likely place is inside any of the livecd
> desktop environments (kde, gnome, xfce etc.).

I have tested Xfce and lightdm and things are fine with both RC4 and
RC3. However I'd like to ask you if we can go for RC4, because ...

> To that end, if you have the time to download RC4 [2] and run through
> some or all of the desktop test cases [3], please do. The more testing
> we get on RC4, the easier tomorrow's decision to choose RC3 or RC4 will
> be.

RC3 Xfce x84_64 was slightly oversized with 701 MB. RC2 and RC4 on the
other hand only were 691 MB.

I've also tested the fprintd update to fix #810040, which AFAIK is the
only difference between RC3 and RC4, so I'd opt for RC4.

Kind regards,
Christoph