[rawhide] colord pulling in 32bit packages on 64bit installs

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Thu Jan 10 20:23:07 UTC 2013

On Thu, 10 Jan 2013 18:14:48 +0000
Richard Hughes <hughsient at gmail.com> wrote:

> On 10 January 2013 17:07, Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:
> > If someone wants to go fix it, please do, otherwise I will later
> > today. ;)
>
> Opps, sorry. I've got a little baby to keep amused this afternoon, so
> If someone could jump in and push a fix with a rebuild I would be very
> grateful. Thanks.

Don't be sorry... it turns out that this is not an easy case to fix. :(

It's a archfull package obsoleting/providing a noarch package.

Yum picks the 32bit of the multiarched package to obsolete things.

The only suggestion (thanks kalev) that looks like it might work is to
setup noarch subpackages of colord that does the obsolete/provides,
named the same as the ones it's replacing.

Anyone else have any better solution here?

kevin