critera proposal/discussion: boot.fedoraproject.org

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 12:06:20 UTC 2013

> Greetings.
>
> I thought I would see if there's any interest in adding a critera /
> tests for boot.fedoraproject.org and adding it as a supported/tested
> install method for f19.
>
> I think it's pretty nifty and could be more used if we tested it to
> make sure it works and advertised it a bit more.
>
> I'd imagine it would be similar to PXE tests though you wouldn't need
> local pxe server. Each of the various images would need to be tested.
>
> Thoughts?

We can create an optional test case for that.

Do you think this is something we should block our release on (i.e. creating a release criteria for it)?

I tried BFO a few times and I've found it heavily outdated every time (including today) so I wasn't particularly thrilled about it.

Also, I'm not fully sure who should benefit from it. If you need to install Fedora, you do it once in a long time, and there's no problem to download ISO and boot it. If you install Fedora often (e.g. you're QA), booting from the Internet every time is a no-go, not until it's as fast as your USB flash drive.