how add additional repos to ananconda installer?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Fri Jan 11 18:00:45 UTC 2013

On Wed, 2013-01-09 at 14:47 +0100, Frantisek Hanzlik wrote:
> Kamil Paral wrote:
> >> My usuall installation practice until now was installation from local
> >> nfs repos (Everything, Fupdates, rpmfusion*, my own). This had for me
> >> advantages:
> >> - I could fine select content for every installation
> >> - after installation i had fully updated system
> >> - when I did this installation for my usual installation types
> >> (~5), then I can use their /root/anaconda-ks.cfg as kickstart files
> >> for all rest of installations for given distro, and even (with small
> >> edit) for next Fedora version install.
> >>
> >> It seems for me as new F18 installer is significant step back for
> >> this
> >> practice. And when I remember, kickstart as was ~2 years back, could
> >> not
> >> do fine package selection, maybe was not able work with multiple
> >> repos
> >> too.
> >
> > Hello,
> >
> > just study http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Anaconda/Kickstart or some other online documentation. Kickstart can do whatever you need - set up additional repositories, install package groups and individual packages.
>
> Thanks, Kamil, I'll did it. I know about kickstart, but as I says -
> when I tried it lastly (two, maybe more years ago), there was
> something what not satisfy me. Perhaps kickstart was evolved over
> this time too and will work fine for me now.

I'm pretty sure it could do all that stuff two years ago too. Maybe you
had some trouble figuring it out. If you do again, then ask for help on
users@, don't give up - kickstart is definitely capable of doing all
these things, as Kamil says. You can include multiple repository lines,
for instance, and all those repositories will be used.