kernel headers

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Sat Jan 12 16:18:40 UTC 2013

On Sat, 2013-01-12 at 10:29 -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 12, 2013 at 07:56:40AM -0700, Christopher A. Williams wrote:
> > On Sat, 2013-01-12 at 07:26 -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> > VMware Workstation for my work (some things needed for my job require
> > Windows - arrgh!!!), I had to roll back to the 3.6 kernel. Currently, I
>
> Any particular reason not to use KVM? Save you some headache.

Yes. Actually I do also play around with KVM and a ton of other
hypervisors.

But I get Workstation basically for free as well. Call it a fringe
benefit of having a VCP, VCAP-DCA, and a VCAP-DCD, while leading a
rather large Cloud infrastructure practice that specializes in
virtualizing business critical applications (aka VBCA).... :-)
Workstation also works very nicely with all of my vSphere systems that I
have to take care of as well.

And, to be fair, trading out Workstation for KVM is trading one set of
headaches for another. Voice of experience on that one...

Chris

PS: If you want to know more about VBCA stuff, just Google "Cognizant
VBCA" and look for the video VMware posted of me. I'll be teaching the
Oracle virtualization course next month at the VBCA Boot Camp at Partner
Exchange. Look me up if you're going.

--
Christopher A. Williams <chriswfedora at cawllc.com>