The heroes of Fedora 18 Final testing - wiki matrices

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Mon Jan 14 15:07:43 UTC 2013

> On Mon, 14 Jan 2013 12:24:12 +0000, Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:
>
>> Which is another point this only collects what got written in the wiki
>> not what's reported in Bugzilla which excludes a largest group of our
>> reporters and some of our reporters might also be writing QA related
>> wiki pages and doing another QA related work. Dont those indviduals
>> deserve credit as well?
> There is a disclaimer at the bottom of kparal's blog post, at least.
> And the page is written carefully enough to not give credit to the
> "Top 10" only.
>
> Has anyone ever before retrieved and refined statistics from bugzilla?

Not something that has been published afaik.

We need more then just who reported against what or how many reports
individual filed we also need maintenance statistic of a component for
various purposes.

How many reports are in status new, needinfo got eol-ed etc stuff like that.

>> The wiki was only supposed to be a a short term solution because we
>> never found a testing system to that quite suited our needs.
> It demands special efforts of the people who act in that area. In similar
> ways, Fedora Packaging requires special efforts of people who do packages.
> Hurdles everywhere. ;)

Not really you can just as well just follow the test cases and report
the bugs in bugzilla and dont bother with filling out that wiki.

For the majority of those test cases the reporter will hit the same bugs
as the reporter who ran through the same test before him.

> I once had a look at what it would take to contribute "an official" test
> of Fedora Test Release media (e.g. my pet peeve scenario "DVD image on HDD"),
> but the Wiki pages were like a maze, very brief or for insiders only, new
> images were thrown out quickly (with no rsync access), with hardly any
> activity on test-list but probably heavy activity only on IRC. As I wrote,
> not everyone's cup of tea.

Personally I think that's too many steps

> If community people take the time to become familiar with all that,
> that's great.

All community participation is great ;)

JBG