[follow-up] Setting wireless network HP printer issue

Luya Tshimbalanga luya at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 14 20:46:22 UTC 2013

On 07/01/13 10:07 AM, Benjamin De Kosnik wrote:

> firewall-config needs to have: ipp, ipp-client, smb-client, mdns holes
> for network discovery to work. Note, ipp based discovery may be turned
> off at the server level and may need to be manually changed via CUPs
> server setting changes.
>
> http://localhost:631/admin/

An update of wireless network issue on HP Photosmart eStation C510a.
The cause of issue was the router itself. After restarting it, Gnome
printer setting was able to detect
my printer on the network. The ip address of that printer display its
web interface.
Another problem was the network scanner. I had to check the printer
configuration using
system-config-printer and run the setting to make sure everything went
smoothly.
This time the Device URI is
"hp:/net/Photosmart_eStn_C510_series?zc=HPFFBBC9"
instead of "socket://192.168.1.67:9100" as read by printer setting from
gnome-control-center. Network scan
can be now read by simple-scan.
Interesting enough, hp-probe is broken because it cannot detect eStation
C510a on the network.

Luya