Blocker process: tracker bug / whiteboard naming proposal

Jared K. Smith jsmith at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 21 03:27:20 UTC 2013

On Sun, Jan 20, 2013 at 12:49 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> Hi folks! We're running a FUDCon NA workshop session today to try and
> actually knock out some QA 'low-hanging fruit', and the one we tried to
> deal with this morning is the blocker tracker bug names. We had some
> grand ideas for making this even better in the glorious future, which
> involve more good stuff in the blocker webapp, but we intentionally
> restricted ourselves to the scope of changes we could propose and
> implement quickly, for concrete improvements in the Fedora 19 cycle.

Not to sound to critical, but can I propose we use "freeze exception"
rather than "freeze break"?  I think the word "exception" helps people
understand that we're taking something in that we normally wouldn't --
which is much more aligned with the message we're trying to send than
"nice to have" ever was.  And making an exception doesn't break the
freeze (except for that one package), so I think exception fits
better.

--
Jared Smith