fedup network download

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Mon Jan 21 14:43:02 UTC 2013

I have a few boxes that use a local repository that is rsync'd for both
"fedora" and "updates". When I tried out "fedup --network" the tool
showed the names of my local repos. However, when it started package
downloads I noticed the speed to be 100k to 500k per second range. This
would indicate that fedup is downloading from an Internet mirror (6mbit
Internet) instead of my local mirror (gigabit network). I found, through
"ss", that fedup is indeed connected to an FTP server on the Internet
(ftp-chi.osuosl.org).

Is fedup hardcoded to use the default "fedora" and "updates" repos even
if they are disabled?

Thanks,
Michael