Blocker process: tracker bug / whiteboard naming proposal

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jan 21 17:08:32 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 04:48:56AM -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> Big thumbs up. A few things for consideration:
> 1. Do we need numbers in the alias? We always release just a single Fedora at a time.

If they're _not_ per release, all of the old dependencies will need to be
removed from the alias after each release, causing a lot of churn. I don't
know how important it is to save the history for its own sake, but I think
avoiding the need to clear the bug is worth it.

> 2. Do we need "F" in the alias? Unless our aliases clash, we don't need to
> distinguish Fedora from the other projects in Bugzilla.

I think it makes it more clear that we're talking about a Fedora-wide thing,
not a process specific to each package.