Blocker process: tracker bug / whiteboard naming proposal

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Mon Jan 21 18:47:40 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jan 21, 2013 at 11:57:12 -0600,
   Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

>Proposing a small refinement: we apply the release specific alias names
>to the old trackers after each release. So right now the F19 bugs would
>be AlphaBlocker, AlphaFreezeException etc: when F19 goes out, we
>transfer those aliases to the F20 bugs, and make the F19 bugs
>F19AlphaBlocker, F19AlphaFreezeException etc. We can even apply this
>retroactively all the way back through the bug database (add those
>aliases to the old bugs) so we can always find the trackers for any
>release via the same format.

I think you want to do the numbered aliases at the start of the cycle, not
at the end. That way people can use the numbers consisantly while including
the develoment release. (This might make scripting easier.)

The other stuff all looks good. Names will be easier to remember and
be more understandable.