fedup network download

Kamil Paral kparal at redhat.com
Tue Jan 22 09:14:30 UTC 2013

> I have a few boxes that use a local repository that is rsync'd for
> both
> "fedora" and "updates". When I tried out "fedup --network" the tool
> showed the names of my local repos. However, when it started package
> downloads I noticed the speed to be 100k to 500k per second range.
> This
> would indicate that fedup is downloading from an Internet mirror
> (6mbit
> Internet) instead of my local mirror (gigabit network). I found,
> through
> "ss", that fedup is indeed connected to an FTP server on the Internet
> (ftp-chi.osuosl.org).
>
> Is fedup hardcoded to use the default "fedora" and "updates" repos
> even
> if they are disabled?
>
> Thanks,
> Michael

I don't know if Will Woods (the author) reads this mailing list. You can use --instrepo argument to force a custom mirror. Or you can use MirrorManager to have your private mirrors always at the top of the mirrorlist.

Feel free to file a ticket in bugzilla against fedup if you see something that doesn't work well. Thanks.