Blocker process: tracker bug / whiteboard naming proposal

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Tue Jan 22 16:42:22 UTC 2013

On Jan 22, 2013, at 2:21 AM, Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> As for the whiteboard labels, to keep things consistent, we can use:
>
> AcceptedBlocker
> RejectedBlocker
> AcceptedFreezeException
> RejectedFreezeException
>
> The latter is a bit long though, any other proposals?

I would drop "accepted". It's a given if it's Blocker or FreezeException, that it has been agreed upon.

If you care to distinguish between what is a blocker/freezeexception, and what is proposed, I'd add "Proposed" as modifier.

ProposedBlocker
Blocker
RejectedBlocker
ProposedFreezeException
FreezeException
RejectedFreezeException

And I assume it's still the case each of those has three modifiers: Alpha, Beta, Final.

As for a shorter alternative for "exception" the closest I'm thinking of so far is "allow". As-in "FreezeAllow". As in, the former nice to have fix is allowed despite freeze.

Chris Murphy