'Nice to have' process is now 'Freeze exception' process, improvements to blocker / freeze exception tracker aliases

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jan 23 04:21:31 UTC 2013

> I can think of a couple of potential issues with the 'dynamic' tracker
> names (I'm not sure whether nominations will 'transfer' from one release
> to the next when we change where the alias points, and if so, whether we
> want that, especially for closed bugs),

I just tested this in Landfill, it doesn't seem to be a problem -
bugzilla displays the alias, not the bug number, in the Blocks: field
but it actually *uses* the bug number. So if you mark Bug #100 as
blocking AlphaBlocker (the alias of Bug #1), then transfer that alias
from Bug #1 to Bug #2, Bug #100 continues to block Bug #1, not Bug #2.
So that's fine.