Anyone else seeing yum running slow in rawhide?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jan 23 16:01:32 UTC 2013

For about the last month or so it seems like yum has been running much
slower than in the past. Previously I had seen something similar when
running debug kernels, but that isn't the case now.

I am seeing a lot of time being used for wait, but there is still a lot
of idle time as well. So I suspect the bottleneck is disk I/O. I am not
seeing this on an f18 machine that I tested with the current rawhide kernel.
mdadm appears to be the same version on both machines. So it doesn't seem
likely that an mdadm change was responsible.

Was there any change to yum that would have potentially caused this?