Anyone else seeing yum running slow in rawhide?

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Jan 23 17:52:39 UTC 2013

On Wed, Jan 23, 2013 at 10:32:08 -0700,
   Kevin Fenzi <kevin at scrye.com> wrote:

>Is the machine on wireless? I have had issues with the iwlwifi driver
>being slow or locking up.

No. I have a local mirror on that machine for my home machines. The slow
down seems to be especially noticeable while doing dependency checking.

I am going to try rebuilding the rpmdb and do some testing with rpm
to see if it appears slow as well.

I also checked to see if there was any run away logging. (I have had selinux
warnings slow things down a few times.)

I might also check on journalling options. Right now I am using journal_data
and maybe some change has made that more painful.