dracut-initqueue[265]: /dev/disk/by-label/Fedora-18-x86_64-Live-Desktop.is does not exist.

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jan 24 21:04:18 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-01-24 at 07:00 -0500, Kamil Paral wrote:
> > > Images written with liveusb-creator are not UEFI bootable, this is
> > > known.
> >
> > Well, I didn't hear about that, where is that written (no offense, of
> > course)? At least not on the download page or tutorial on how to use
> > the iso
> > (http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/17/html/Installation_Guide/Making_USB_Media-UNIX_Linux.html)
>
> Here:
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Common_F18_bugs#luc-no-uefi
>
> Your linked F17 installation guide, F18 is here:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Installation_Guide/Making_USB_Media-UNIX_Linux.html
> and here:
> http://docs.fedoraproject.org/en-US/Fedora/18/html/Installation_Guide/Making_Minimal_Boot_Media.html#Making_Minimal_Boot_Media-UEFI
>
> I'm not sure why UEFI is just mentioned below "minimal boot media",
> and also why they say:
> "The Fedora Project does not provide an image to produce minimal boot
> CDs or DVDs for UEFI-based systems."
> because both boot.iso and DVD.iso are UEFI bootable.

USB media stuff can get a bit messy - we have both the install guide and
a page in the Wiki, and we should really do a better job of making sure
they're in sync...

> According to their wiki [1], we should file a bug for the
> documentation team to amend their docs. I would assume they
> automatically go through the Common bugs and adjust the documentation,
> but maybe there's no such workflow yet and we should start it?
>
> [1] https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Reporting_problems_with_Docs

I'm not sure they do that, though they do seem to pick up a lot of
things from different places. Filing a bug is the surest way to make
sure it gets fixed.