Proposing Blocker/Freeze Exception Bugs Through the Blocker Tracking App

Tim Flink tflink at redhat.com
Fri Jan 25 15:43:00 UTC 2013

On Fri, 25 Jan 2013 04:47:31 -0500 (EST)
Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> > The current idea is to login with FAS and do one of two things
> >  1. populate the field with the user's FAS email (assuming that
> >     bugzilla cc doesn't require a registered user)
>
> Unfortunately this doesn't work, I just tried it. The email must
> match a registered BZ account.

Thanks, I hadn't gotten around to testing that yet.

This still leaves a couple of questions, though:
 1. Allow for blocker proposal without adding the user to the cc list
 2. Allow users to specify a bugzilla email address without
    authenticating against bugzilla
 3. Require users to associate a bugzilla account with their FAS login,
    verifying login with bugzilla. The email would be stored in the
    app's database

I'm leaning towards 2 but am not against 3, assuming that we have the
time to actually implement and test it (and that it's possible).

Thoughts?

Tim