Proposal: retire proventesters and bugzappers onboarding processes harder, create new QA onboarding process

TK009 john.brown009 at gmail.com
Fri Jan 25 23:30:52 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jan 25, 2013 at 10:13 AM, Kamil Paral <kparal at redhat.com> wrote:

> I'm not sure it's wise to increase privileges immediately after the welcome letter (was it
> meant this way?).

The bugzappers have been doing it that way since I joined. It was
explained to me when I joined that anything done incorrectly in
bugzilla can be easily be corrected. I believe that still holds true
today.

> I would probably give people option to request higher privileges after a short time, a
> month or so. Before making the change, some existing QA person would have a look at
> the newcomer's work, to ensure he doesn't do some crucial mistakes. The privileges
> would be removed if the person is inactive for a long time (e.g. a year or two).

This would create administrative overhead that someone or more would
have to be responsible for keeping up with. Also you'd need to define
who this person or persons are (those assigned the role of sponsors
within the QA group?), and of course they would have to be willing to
do those tasks.