boot.iso vs netinst.iso vs efiboot.img

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Sun Jan 27 01:08:22 UTC 2013

On Jan 26, 2013, at 5:43 PM, Felix Miata <mrmazda at earthlink.net> wrote:

> On 2013-01-26 13:05 (GMT-0700) Chris Murphy composed:
>
>> If time is money, and the choice is a matter of cost, then DVD is expensive.
>
> Some consider time spent managing the actual media. DVD's are easily stored and labeled as to what they contain. USB devices in all their assorted shapes and sizes are anything but either. I only just bought my very first 32GB stick today ($18 Kingston @ Staples). I can count all the USB storage media I own on my fingers, while the skin on my fingers has more space and is better suited for labeling contents than the sticks. OTOH, my DVD collection numbers well in excess of 3,000, all easily identified as to what they contain, and systematically and neatly stored when not in use.

Off topic but I don't understand why you'd store dye based DVD for anything longer than a few months. And even then it needs backups on disk, and if important on tape. -R +R -RW +RW dye based optical media have a terrible shelf life. If these are commercially stamped media, they might last you 30+ years. Dye aren't worth spit.

Chris Murphy