systemd depends so heavily on a files it can not reboot

Samuel Sieb samuel at sieb.net
Mon Jul 8 16:51:29 UTC 2013

On 07/08/2013 09:02 AM, Adam Pribyl wrote:
> OK, so the systemd people say, it is perfecly fine you can not reboot
> via ctrl-alt-del (while it was always possible with init) and give me

That seems unlikely that init would have been ok...  Ctrl-alt-del
switched to runlevel 6, so it still depended on files in /etc to be
accessible, as well as the reboot executable to be intact.  I have had
several situations where filesystem issues blocked init from rebooting
using ctrl-alt-del.  In particular, if it couldn't unmount a filesystem
for whatever reason, it wouldn't reboot.