systemd depends so heavily on a files it can not reboot

"Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" johannbg at gmail.com
Wed Jul 10 12:56:11 UTC 2013

On 07/10/2013 12:32 PM, Karel Volný wrote:
> Dne úterý, 9. července 2013 16:57:22 CEST, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson"
> napsal(a):
>> No need too, Bill will just close this WONTFIX and reach through the
>> screen and smack you on the back of your head or Václav will just
>> find you with something to throw at you, either way you need to find
>> a helmet and start running
>
> I don't think that asking at least for a link to formal decision about
> the change deserves any smacking ... we're talking about Red Hat's
> Bugzilla, not about GNOME's instance

For the first the enablement of sysrq  has been discussed before ( check
mailing list archives and bugzilla )  which btw Bill rejected at least
once himself secondly  ( and looking at the bug now has done so again )
and you did not even bother to backup your acclaimed "regression" when
you reopen the bug and wanted every to get in their flamesuit

"Ctrl+Alt+Del has worked in the past

now that doesn't work

this is a regression"

The fact is that Adam Pribyl has just been lucky not experiencing that
with the other init system neither him nor you have ever pointed to the
actual regression but I'm very eager to read you comparison on sysv init
or upstart for that matter handling of a reboot situation when dealing
with file corruption of their relevant files in comparison with systemd
and how that is somehow being handled differently now then it has been
in the past which is why his  ( Adam P ) bug report against systemd got
closed wontfix any magic key combo wont fix corrupted system files no
matter how you wish for it.

JBG