Adjusting basic video driver testcase for UEFI systems

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Jul 11 20:09:02 UTC 2013

On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 08:25 -0400, Jan Sedlak wrote:
> Hi all,
> based on what was revealed during F19 testing, Basic Video Driver testcase [1]
> should be adjusted to reflect preferred way how to handle graphic fallback on
> UEFI systems.
>
> From what I read [2, 3], it seems that UEFI systems don't support VESA graphic
> mode. I must admit that I don't fully understand what's the state of UEFI
> graphic protocols (there is GOP and UGA protocols, but I don't know whether
> Linux supports them), so if there is anyone who knows how graphic fallback
> should be handled on UEFI systems, please share your knowledge with us.

What I was rather expecting to happen here is for the technical issues
to be fixed first, *then* we could update the test case.

As things stand, we don't really have a fallback graphics method for
UEFI. ajax and airlied are the ones who need to fix this, and they are
aware of the issue, it's just a question of whether they consider it a
priority.