Adjusting basic video driver testcase for UEFI systems

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Thu Jul 11 21:54:10 UTC 2013

On Jul 11, 2013, at 12:02 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:

> In fact on UEFI systems efifb _always_ loads, and if accelerated
> graphics is enabled there's a handoff from efifb to the appropriate DRM
> driver.  But if you say 'nomodeset' on kcmdline you'll stick with efifb
> at runtime, so in that sense testing this is the same as with BIOS
> systems.

Interesting. At least on Apple hardware with UGA or GOP, nomodeset always gets me text only, X won't start. Before X tries to start I get:
[drm:drm_pci_agp_init] *ERROR* Cannot initialize the agpgart module.
DRM: Fill_in_dev failed.

X.log from F19 netinstl shows the fbdev driver is loaded, but there's an error finding screens:

(EE) VESA(0): V_BIOS address 0x43420 out of range
unloads vesa, int10, vbe
(EE) Screen(s) found, but non have a usable configuration.
Fatal server error: no screens found.

Chris Murphy