Adjusting basic video driver testcase for UEFI systems

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Fri Jul 12 02:06:30 UTC 2013

On Jul 11, 2013, at 4:41 PM, Adam Jackson <ajax at redhat.com> wrote:

> On Thu, 2013-07-11 at 15:54 -0600, Chris Murphy wrote:
>
>> [drm:drm_pci_agp_init] *ERROR* Cannot initialize the agpgart module.
>> DRM: Fill_in_dev failed.
>
> Unrelated.
>
>> X.log from F19 netinstl shows the fbdev driver is loaded, but there's an error finding screens:
>>
>> (EE) VESA(0): V_BIOS address 0x43420 out of range
>> unloads vesa, int10, vbe
>> (EE) Screen(s) found, but non have a usable configuration.
>> Fatal server error: no screens found.
>
> This would be a bug, and I think it's that xserver is trying to
> initialize vesa before fbdev (and then not unwinding sanely).  Try it
> with this build?
>
> http://koji.fedoraproject.org/koji/taskinfo?taskID=5596647

Awesome. This brings up X and gnome-shell with nomodeset on all three computers: MBP4,1 UGA (2008); MBP8,2 GOP (2011); MBP10,2 GOP (2012). I tested this with F19 desktop ISO (livemedia) with an overlay using livecd-iso-to-disk and yum installing the individual rpms.

Let me know if you need more data.

Chris Murphy