option to install extlinux to a partition???

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 12 08:32:54 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-12 00:56 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

> the page's own Help screen

In 8px (estimated) gray type, not any use to me.

> you seem to persist in confusing the 'create a new storage volume' action
> and the 'modify a defined storage volume' action. As long as you do that,
> you're going to be having trouble.

Far more than once I've tried to get through it without clicking any of the
buttons below the list of devices pane. I'm not consciously trying to create
any devices. All I want to do is to specify which of the listed devices
should be /.

> hard to tell for sure without full anaconda.log and storage.log though.

That's why the email you replied to said logs can be found at
http://fm.no-ip.com/Tmp/Linux/F/

They're both there. Storage.log is bigger than all the rest combined, loaded
with references to offline NFS servers, and multiply noting plenty of
available storage space.

> But honestly, given your travails with grokking the interface, the best
> thing might be a screencast...

Not something I've ever heard about. Where are the instructions for that to
be found?

> such things only usually get worked out with usage.

That's the precise point of the exercise that resulted in me starting this
thread.

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/