option to install extlinux to a partition???

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Fri Jul 12 08:55:44 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-12 00:56 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

> On Fri, 2013-07-12 at 02:58 -0400, Felix Miata wrote:

>> Navigating through manual partitioning (which I don't need, as all I need to
>> do is to set the / mount point) requires unintuitive procedural logic. Input
>> fields filled in or buttons clicked out of secret order are treated as though
>> left blank or unclicked.

> Are you hitting the 'Update Settings' button after you change something?
> That's what it's for.

Against intuition, I have been. What does "update settings" mean? I didn't
change any settings. I filled in a form applicable to one partition, one that
literally could have been complete via only one item, mount point, since it
is already formatted and labeled. Why not "submit", or "apply"?

cf.
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Suse/yast2-03-expertPart0768.png ->
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Suse/yast2-04-expertPart18Config0768.png ->
http://fm.no-ip.com/SS/Suse/yast2-04-expertPart18Options0768.png