option to install extlinux to a partition???

Matthew Miller mattdm at fedoraproject.org
Fri Jul 12 13:37:27 UTC 2013

On Fri, Jul 12, 2013 at 01:07:34AM -0700, Adam Williamson wrote:
> Well, that's probably only strictly the case for grub2. But I've no idea
> how the extlinux path and the 'check for required partitions' path
> interact, actually. I don't know if anyone's really considered it. It's
> perfectly possible you've simply found a bug there. Again extlinux is an
> unsupported option: the anaconda team basically just took the
> contributed patches, and it's been minimally tested. It's entirely

It's been rather well tested for the extremely narrow case I meant to cover,
which is building images from the official cloud kickstarts.

I like extlinux and I put on my laptop too -- but by hand after install.

It'd be nice to see it supported in more cases, but I don't have the time or
focus to work on that. If someone else wants to, cool. (But, it's going to
be a little difficult, because extlinux certainly _doesn't_ work in all
install situations supported by the installer, and that's a bit difficult to
configure.)