f19 and nouveau drivers system freeze

Kevin Martin ktmdms at gmail.com
Fri Jul 12 14:09:50 UTC 2013

On 07/12/13 00:47, Christopher Meng wrote:
> I hit this error everyday when I've used too much time of Chrome.
>
> Chrome will become freeze and the mouse cursor and everything are
> stopped, and after a while the screen turns black and show it.

Hmm, interesting.  I just ran into a system freeze last night in rawhide with nouveau and Thunderbird and Firefox running.  I was
unable to login remotely to the box to see what was happening so had to power it down.  And those same errors I was seeing in dmesg
yesterday.  My machine is running "Linux 3.11.0-0.rc0.git3.1.fc20.x86_64 #1 SMP Tue Jul 9 21:34:37 UTC 2013 x86_64 x86_64 x86_64
GNU/Linux".  I actually posted a bugzilla yesterday about X crashing when running Mozilla products but perhaps it's more than just that.

Kevin Martin