[Fedora QA] #396: Revise partitioning test cases to reflect newUI design and cover its intended use cases

Fedora QA trac at fedorahosted.org
Wed Jul 17 22:50:00 UTC 2013

#396: Revise partitioning test cases to reflect newUI design and cover its
intended use cases
----------------------+------------------------
 Reporter:  adamwill  |       Owner:
     Type:  task      |      Status:  new
 Blocking:            |
----------------------+------------------------
 Our current set of 'partitioning test cases' is:

 * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_install
 *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_(use_free_space)_install
 *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_(reclaim)_install
 *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_(encrypted)_install
 *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_ext4_rootfs_on_disk_partition
 * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_custom_partitioning
 * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Partitioning_On_Software_RAID
 * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_dualboot_with_windows
 *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_btrfs_rootfs_on_disk_partition
 *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_ext3_rootfs_on_disk_partition
 *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_anaconda_xfs_rootfs_on_disk_partition
 * https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Partitioning_No_Swap
 *
 https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA:Testcase_Anaconda_autopart_(shrink)_install

 This is kind of a mish-mash of functional and exploratory testing,
 covering some areas but leaving other large areas entirely uncovered.
 Several of the tests are also clearly based on the design of the *old*
 installer's partitioning workflow.

 At minimum we need to go through the existing cases and ensure the text is
 correct for the newUI partitioning design. Really, what we need to do is
 step back and take a wider look at the functionality that is most
 essential to the newUI design, with reference to the revised release
 criteria, and revise the entire set of partitioning test cases to cover
 the most important workflows, including ones we are missing like 're-use
 existing partitions', 'LVM-on-RAID', the intricacies of UEFI vs. BIOS and
 ms-dos vs. gpt partitioning, and probably some others I'm forgetting.

 This may need to be a 'master ticket' and have several smaller sub-
 tickets, depending on how much work we decide to do on it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa/ticket/396>
Fedora QA <http://fedorahosted.org/fedora-qa>