What does one do about a package maintainer with an attitude problem?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Mon Jul 22 16:51:37 UTC 2013

On 07/22/2013 12:44 PM, Jon Ciesla wrote:
> I'd suggest either the person's sponsor or
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Community_working_group
How does one find out someone's sponsor?

I looked at the Wiki page for the CWG, and it doesn't have any
enforcement powers. "Specific anti-duties of the CWG: playing the role
of arbitrator... in a dispute; making judgments in a dispute." Frankly,
I do not think this is a communication issue; I think the only way this
is going to change is if somebody with the authority to do so tells this
individual that the way he's maintaining his packages isn't OK and
compels him to do things differently or find another way to spend his time.

I have little interest in wasting my time engaging in pointless
"mediation" that is just going to boil down to he-said, she-said, i.e.,
me saying, "This is not how things are supposed to be done. Doing things
this way is damaging to the community and to the Fedora project," and
him responding, "Yes, it is. No, it isn't." I've been involved with the
FOSS community for long enough to know how such conversations turn out
when there is no one in a position of authority to make and enforce
judgments.

   jik