What does one do about a package maintainer with an attitude problem?

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Mon Jul 22 18:55:02 UTC 2013

On Mon, 22 Jul 2013 13:30:38 -0400, Jonathan Kamens wrote:

> Frankly, the particular package that I've been attempting to report bugs
> about (and, by the way, while this thread was ongoing, the maintainer
> closed yet another bug report of main with INSUFFICIENT_DATA without
> comment, despite the fact that I described exactly how to reproduce the
> issue) is nearly unusable due to several serious bugs (one of which,
> e.g., causes /var/log/messages to be spammed with 20MB of log entries
> per hour) that the maintainer hasn't shown any indication of intending
> to do anything about.

It's kinda silly to try handling it like a secret, because that makes it
even more difficult to comment on it. One can easily search bugzilla for
your email address (using regexp) and find the tickets you've
reported. So, let's get some details:

 * https://bugzilla.redhat.com/986938
 * https://bugzilla.redhat.com/986935

That package is maintained by three packagers:

 * https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/bugs/cinnamon
   -> https://admin.fedoraproject.org/pkgdb/acls/name/cinnamon

Try to talk to all of them via the PACKAGENAME-owner at fedoraproject.org
address. If you consider yourself a part of the Fedora community,
see how you could contribute to improving the packages (e.g. by
signing up as a co-maintainer, so you could apply fixes yourself).