What does one do about a package maintainer with an attitude problem?

DJ Delorie dj at redhat.com
Mon Jul 22 19:47:29 UTC 2013

Aside from the people problems, perhaps bugzilla could be changed so
that certain status paths preclude closing the bug?

In my personal experience, I choose to not close *any* bug opened by a
customer - it's up to them to decide if the issue has been resolved to
their satisfaction.  Instead, I put it in some "waiting for customer
to close" state so they know the next step is up to them, and let the
system time it out if they ignore it.

Perhaps in this case, any state that implies "waiting on reporter"
would stop anyone else from closing the bug, but let the system time
it out and auto-close it if the reporter ignores it?

So, a maintainer could close the bug if there were a "valid" reason to
close the bug (can't/won't fix, already fixed, dup, old version, etc)
but not if they just didn't have enough information to reproduce it
(can't reproduce, need-info, missing abrt file, etc).