What does one do about a package maintainer with an attitude problem?

Jonathan Kamens jik at kamens.us
Tue Jul 23 20:22:27 UTC 2013

On 07/23/2013 04:00 PM, Michael Hennebry wrote:
>  Are all the bugs under discussion ABRT bugs?
All of the bugs which prompted me to start this thread on the test list
fall into one of two categories: reproducible bugs where reproduction
steps were provided, and ABRT bugs.

There are no bugs in the set which are neither reproducible nor
generated by ABRT.

Having said that, I agree with John Morris
<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-July/117110.html>
that just because neither came from ABRT nor has reproduction steps
included is not /ipso facto/ justification for the maintainer closing
the bug with INSUFFICIENT_DATA without making any effort to obtain the
additional data necessary to further pursue the bug. Furthermore, as I
pointed out earlier in this thread, the bug status workflow document
<https://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/test/2013-July/117095.html>
agrees with me and John as well.

   jik