2013-07-22 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Tue Jul 23 21:59:00 UTC 2013

As always, minutes and IRC transcript available on the wiki at
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130722

Next meeting is scheduled for 2013-07-29 at 1500 UTC in #fedora-meeting:
however right now I'm not aware of any topics that need discussing, so
it may be canceled. We'll see how things pan out. If you have topics you
think we should bring up at the meeting, please add them to the Wiki
page at https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/QA/Meetings/20130729 . Thanks!

TOPIC: Fedora 20 Change review
	* Changes/Bluez5[1] needs to be integrated smoothly with KDE
	  4.11 and GNOME 3.10 at least
	* GNOME 3.10 is ported to Bluez5 and won't work with Bluez4,
	  but KDE's libbluedevil is not yet ported to Bluez5 and may
	  not be for a month: we would like FESCo to take a hand in
	  dealing with that issue
	* btrfs-by-default appears to be off the table again for F20
	* Changes/AppInstaller[2] may result in us using two
	  depsolvers in official packaging tools
	* Changes/VisibleCloud[3] will likely require changes to
	  criteria and extra validation testing
	* Changes/SSD_cache[4] may result in anaconda changes and
	  changes to configuration of deployed systems with SSDs
	* Changes/SDDMinsteadOfKDM[5] replaces the login manager for
	  KDE (one of the release-blocking desktops)
	* Changes/Plasma-nm[6] is another KDE change; looks like
	  there's quite a bit of KDE churn for F20, we should probably
	  test it a bit harder than usual
	* Changes/InstallerLVMThinProvisioningSupport[7] is a
	  moderately significant change to partitioning in the
	  installer
	* We can look into the question of which Changes we should try
	  and 'validate' once FESCo finishes approving them

TOPIC: Open floor
	* Fedora 20 schedule[8], tape it to your fridge
	* First F20 blocker review meeting was scheduled for this
	  Wednesday (07-24): may happen or not depending on how many
	  blockers are proposed

Action items
N/A

1. https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Changes/Bluez5