2013-07-22 - Fedora QA Meeting - recap

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Wed Jul 24 22:27:28 UTC 2013

On Tue, 2013-07-23 at 22:55 +0000, "Jóhann B. Guðmundsson" wrote:
> > 	* Changes/AppInstaller[2] may result in us using two
> > 	  depsolvers in official packaging tools
>
> Wont this affect our criteria No broken package/Use for severe issues in
> applying updates/Updates etc?

It depends on exactly how the feature plays out, but I think it should
be okay.

The 'no broken package' stuff relates to the distribution installer -
it's about making sure you don't hit dependency issues during
installation. So for that criterion / test we only care about the
depsolver used by the installer.

The 'update' criteria basically cover each release blocking desktop's
default update system, and yum - so we only care about the depsolvers
used there.

AIUI, all the bits mentioned above should still be using the same old
depsolver in F20: AppInstaller will not be handling updates. But we'll
have to see how it pans out (and if FESCo even approves it - they may
well reject it because of this depsolver issue, or require the depsolver
issue to be resolved for the Change to be accepted).