how do I tell what release yum upgrade will give me?

Felix Miata mrmazda at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 30 06:16:35 UTC 2013

On 2013-07-29 22:51 (GMT-0700) Adam Williamson composed:

>> how do those who want to keep a system on Rawhide instead of
>> switching to branch after each branch occurs do it?

> There isn't a particularly easy way, you just have to make sure
> fedora-release-rawhide is installed and tweak the enabled repos, AFAIK.
> I guess if you edited the .repo files directly they wouldn't get
> overridden on updates?

If by "tweaking" you mean manual manipulation of /etc/yum.repos.d/ content,
I'd need a howto. I don't do so well on my own messing with config files
containing $ &/or ? in URLs.

Maybe the easier way would be manual installation of a post-branch
fedora-release-rawhide version before doing anything (or anything else) with yum?

Felix Miata  ***  http://fm.no-ip.com/