how do I tell what release yum upgrade will give me?

T.C. Hollingsworth tchollingsworth at gmail.com
Wed Jul 31 02:48:22 UTC 2013

On Mon, Jul 29, 2013 at 10:51 PM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:
> There isn't a particularly easy way, you just have to make sure
> fedora-release-rawhide is installed and tweak the enabled repos, AFAIK.
> I guess if you edited the .repo files directly they wouldn't get
> overridden on updates? I haven't really played with it much, to be
> honest, I just adjust as necessary for whatever I'm trying to do as I go
> along.

That won't work.  fedora-release just Obsoletes fedora-release-rawhide
at the branch point [1] so fedora-rawhide.repo is removed completely.

The only way to avoid it would be to prevent yum from honoring the
obsoletes the first time you update after the branch, but that really
isn't any easier than just reinstalling fedora-release-rawhide after
the fact.

-T.C.

[1] http://pkgs.fedoraproject.org/cgit/fedora-release.git/commit/?h=f19&id=756e5e18042c4f820fb6059e640747a7a2b1e2a0