Repairing truncated file

Michal Jaegermann michal at harddata.com
Tue Jun 4 05:07:37 UTC 2013

On Tue, Jun 04, 2013 at 12:14:29AM -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
> On 06/03/2013 11:40 PM, Sérgio Basto wrote:
> >
> >rpm -V qt-x11
> >what says ?
>
>     Nothing at all.

If there is nothing to report then it remains silent.

>     /lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.4;51a94e8f  does not actually exist, at
> least not in /lib

So it means that an update completed just fine even if something raised
fuss in the process.  I really cannot tell why.

>     The file that is there is libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.4 along with two
> symbolic links pointing to it.

So ldconfig did its job.  It appears that there is nothing wrong with
your installation.

If you are not sure to which packages belongs a specific file you can
run a verification step like that:

    rpm -Vf /lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.4

where a file you are referencing has to exist.

   Michal