PulseAaudio crashed on F19

nonamedotc nonamedotc at gmail.com
Tue Jun 4 13:48:40 UTC 2013

I noticed a crash of pulseaudio on F19 yesterday and today. Sound from
flash seems fine but if I try to play any video/audio on my system,
using VLC for example, there is no sound.

pavucontrol shows this message

"Connection to PulseAudio failed. Automatic retry in 5s

In this case this is likely because PULSE_SERVER in the Environment/X11
Root Window Properties or default server in client.conf is misconfigured.
This situation can also arrise when PulseAudio crashed and left stale
details in the X11 Root Window.
If this is the case, then PulseAudio should autospawn again, or if this
is not configured you should run start-pulseaudio-x11 manually"

/etc/pulse/client.conf has autospawn enabled - no use.

"; autospawn = yes"

'start-pulseaudio-x11' throws an error

"...main.c: Connection refused"

'pulseaudio --check' gives me no output.

I have tried to delete ~/.config/pulse and restarted the system. No use.

Has anyone else seen this? What can I do get pulseaudio running again?

--
nonamedotc