Repairing truncated file

Frank McCormick beacon at videotron.ca
Tue Jun 4 16:10:17 UTC 2013

On 06/04/2013 11:48 AM, Adam Williamson wrote:
> On Tue, 2013-06-04 at 09:42 -0400, Frank McCormick wrote:
>> On 06/04/2013 01:07 AM, Michal Jaegermann wrote:
>>>       The file that is there is libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.4 along with two
>>> symbolic links pointing to it.
>>> So ldconfig did its job.  It appears that there is nothing wrong with
>>> your installation.
>>       There must be something wrong as ldconfig keeps reporting this
>> truncated file
>> which doesn't exist :)
>>
>>> If you are not sure to which packages belongs a specific file you can
>>> run a verification step like that:
>>>
>>>       rpm -Vf /lib/libQtOpenGL.so.4.8.4
>>>
>>> where a file you are referencing has to exist.
>>
>>         That also reports nothing, so it appears rpm isn't aware of the
>> file/package
>> even though it has been erased and re installed a few times now.
> I think some people are missing that the file does not actually exist
> once the package install process is complete. To me, it sounds like an
> ldconfig is somehow being run from the package's scriptlets before
> extraction of the files from the RPM is actually complete.

     This all came about after an update was aborted by a hardware
failure. Unfortunately I don't recall
what I did after the aborted update...as it was several weeks ago. I
**assume** I redid the update and after
the next package was handled, ldconfig was run for it.....but the
extraction/handling of files from qt-x11 had not been
completed.  The question now is how I get rid of that "/usr/lib/xxxxxxxx
is truncated" warning. Reinstalls and re-running
ldconfig after cache deletion doesn't work.

--
--Cheers--