os-prober and fd0?

Tom Horsley horsley1953 at gmail.com
Mon Jun 10 01:50:08 UTC 2013

I'm waiting for the "installing boot loader" step of a
net install of fedora 19 to finish (about 20 minutes
now).

Poking around in the various console screens, I see
that it is running the os-prober script during the
grub2 mkconfig.

In the syslog, I see it getting gazillions of errors
on device fd0 (which isn't surprising - there is no
floppy disk on this machine, but perhaps I haven't
disabled the floppy controller in the bios).

Hopefully someone will teach (or has taught) the
os-prober to ignore the floppy before the full
f19 release?