F19 Final criteria revamp

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jun 10 03:34:48 UTC 2013

On Jun 5, 2013, at 12:55 AM, Adam Williamson <awilliam at redhat.com> wrote:

> * We were covering bootloaders in a half-assed way in the Windows dual
> boot criterion, but that seemed kinda dumb, so I figured it would make
> sense to break out an explicit bootloader criterion: "The installer must
> allow the user to choose which disk the system bootloader will be
> installed to, and to choose not to install one at all." In practice
> that's basically what we required to work for F18.

I'd like to point out a problem with the existing #9 final criterion, which reads:"	• The installer must be able to install into free space alongside an existing clean single-partition Windows installation and either install a bootloader which can boot into the Windows installation, or leave the Windows bootloader untouched and working."

It seems the "single-partition" requirement has been unreasonable for a long time, since Windows 7/8 OEM installations are multi-partition, and if the disk partition is erased and Windows 7/8 is re-installed on an unpartitioned disk, it creates multiple partition installations.

Chris Murphy