RAT mouse clicking problem

Frederic Muller fred at cm17.com
Mon Jun 10 10:12:37 UTC 2013

Hi!

I've installed TC2 and everything seems to run fine so far. I am however
running into an issue I had randomly under F18 (when the mouse was new)
where the (left) clicking seems to lock the mouse into the application
into which it clicks. The issue seems to be more systematic now but
maybe it's just the same.

I did an extensive web search a few month back and came up with an added
/etc/X11/xorg.conf.d/03-rat.conf file which read this:
Section "InputClass"
        Identifier "Mouse Remap"
        MatchProduct "Saitek Cyborg R.A.T.7 Mouse"
        MatchDevicePath "/dev/input/event*"
	Option "Buttons" "17"
        Option "ButtonMapping" "1 2 3 4 5 0 0 8 9 7 6 12 13 13 13 16 17
18 19 20 21"
        Option "AutoReleaseButtons" "13 14 15"
        Option "ZAxisMapping" "4 5 6 7"
EndSection

On my first login the problem systematically appears, I then go to any
application that has a setting window that will come over the main
window, adjust the click to work properly (by clicking on the mode
button) and then log out and back in. I often use the
"Settings/Displays" app, disable a monitor, apply and then cancel the
changes. Canceling the changes doesn't initially work until switching
modes (by clicking on the "mode/preset" button 1/2 or 3 times).

This fixes this issue.

What would be the best way to get rid of this problem?

Thanks.

Fred