Unable to graphically EFI boot Fedora in vbox

Chris Murphy lists at colorremedies.com
Mon Jun 10 12:23:47 UTC 2013

I know vbox is not "supported" but for anyone who can't dedicate a box to linux, it's the primary way to do testing. Fedora 19 boots on EFI baremetal, and in vbox set to BIOS mode. F19 technically boots in a vbox VM set with the EFI option on, but it fails to start gdm. I've started this thread as I'm not sure what the problem really is, but seems maybe more vbox or vbox's EFI than Fedora because of the "no screens found" message.

https://forums.virtualbox.org/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=55937

Posted there dmesg, Xorg.0.log, lspci, and systemctl status gdm output.

Chris Murphy