F19 Final criteria revamp

Andre Robatino robatino at fedoraproject.org
Mon Jun 10 15:06:24 UTC 2013

Jóhann B. Guðmundsson wrote:

> Quite frankly dual booting is a thing of the past and it should be
> dropped from the criteria.

With the crapware discount, a PC with Windows is cheaper than one
without it, and I do need Windows on rare occasions. But the activation
of the installed version can't be achieved in a VM without using some
activation hack. MS is constantly trying to shut those down, and I'm not
willing to deal with that, or pay them for a standalone copy of Windows.
Instead I use dual boot.

P.S. Sorry for replying out-of-thread, but this thread doesn't show up
on Gmane.